Sunday, January 24, 2010

I must post this

Seriously, I need to manage my time better. I'm writing this now because i just realize i haven't reached my 1-post-per-week quota...


Building a facebook application is easy. Building a FB app with AI + Flash is NOT! Do you sometimes feel that you suddenly got yourself in a deep pool of shit and just to realize it is too deep for you to swim out of it? This AI which we are trying to create was supposed to learn and get smarter as more ppl play with it, but so far, it seems to have Down Syndrome where it still couldn't count its own fingers! I swear I read through all the research report on Neural Network and Decision Tree or whatever, but I still couldn't find a feasible way to integrate them into our AI...

Maybe I should just concentrate on polishing the GUI instead, let it be retarded but at least pretty to be seen.

Frustrated.

Oh yea, one more thing,
I found this on the fb developer forum, for those who wish to use Jquery on facebook canvas, you might want to try this :
http://code.google.com/p/fbjqry/

2 comments:

  1. Hey, do check out xfbml @
    http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/XFBML
    Even if you are using iframe mode, your app can still render fbml tags placing them between
    < fb:serverFbml style="width: 755px;" >
    < script type="text/fbml" >
    Type your fbml here.
    < /script >
    < /fb:serverFbml >
    PS: I have inserted extra whitespaces within the tags in order to post this comment successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyway, I totally understand your frustration. I am also asking for trouble by using Silverlight for the Facebook assignment. Everything would have been much easier if I just stick to normal fbml. But I have no regret. At least I have picked up another new technology. =)

    ReplyDelete